- New Mexico ranked in the top 10 states in the country for job growth
- New Mexico created more jobs during the pandemic than the previous administration created in 8 years
- New Mexico created 15,000 new private sector jobs in 2019, the state’s best year for new job growth in more than a decade
- New Mexico now has the largest renewable energy project in the country
- New Mexico is one of the top 10 states for generating electricity from wind
- New Mexico is leading the nation in environmental reforms with the most controlled greenhouse and methane requirements in the country
- New Mexico is the only state to decrease insurance premiums on the state insurance exchange and eliminate copays for behavioral health care
- New Mexico’s early childhood education is one of the most affordable and accessible in the country
- New Mexico gives the most funding to child care out of any state
- New Mexico is the only state with an innovative formula to send funding directly to schools to fight concentrated poverty
- New Mexico is leading the country with access to free higher education, helping more than 60,000 students in the last three years
Governor Lujan Grisham fulfilled her campaign promise to prioritize education by investing directly in New Mexico’s students, educators, and schools.
- In just two years, Governor Lujan Grisham delivered an education moonshot, investing $1 billion into our education system.
- Lujan Grisham helped create the Family Income Index, allocating $15 million in additional funding for schools to fight concentrated poverty through supports like social workers, resource centers, and after-school programs.
- Governor Lujan Grisham has worked to address the longstanding discrimination against tribal students by ending credit for impact aid payments, doubling the contribution to the Indian Education Fund, and dedicating tens of millions to bilingual and multicultural education.
- Governor Lujan Grisham’s investments in K-12 education are already paying off. Since Governor Lujan Grisham was elected, New Mexico’s graduation rate is now the highest it’s ever been.
- Under Governor Lujan Grisham, New Mexico’s teachers received the most significant back-to-back raises for educators in 15 years. Governor Lujan Grisham also signed legislation increasing starting salaries for all New Mexico teachers and adjusted salaries at every educator level to be more competitive.
- Governor Lujan Grisham eliminated harsh standardized testing scores that punish teachers and repealed the punitive school grading system, replacing it with a more accurate tool for evaluating school achievement.
- The Lujan Grisham administration prioritized teacher development providing over 20,000 hours of development to over 3,900 educators in a variety of subject areas, helping teachers improve their skills and boosting student achievement.
Governor Lujan Grisham understands that our public education system is the key to New Mexico’s future. She will continue to deliver for students, educators, and our schools in order to give New Mexico’s students the high quality education they deserve.
Governor Lujan Grisham’s top priority has been growing and diversifying New Mexico’s economy– and she’s delivered.
- In 2019, New Mexico created 15,000 new private sector jobs, the state’s best year for job growth in more than a decade.
- As a result of Governor Lujan Grisham’s leadership, exciting new companies invested heavily in our state, like Virgin Galactic and NBC Universal, and established New Mexico partners, like Netflix and Intel, dramatically increased their investments..
- Governor Lujan Grisham revamped the state’s economic development incentives, spurring the creation of 6,500 jobs and $2 trillion in private investment. The Lujan Grisham administration also helped the state’s businesses train more than 5,000 workers.
- Governor Lujan Grisham did the work to make sure New Mexico’s economy was continuing to grow during the pandemic and as a result, New Mexico created more jobs during the pandemic than the last administration created in eight years.
- Governor Lujan Grisham invested $1.6 billion into the state’s infrastructure and road maintenance in the last two and half years, creating hundreds of jobs and improving safety on our state roadways.
- Governor Lujan Grisham legalized cannabis, partnering with small businesses, activists, and legislators to create a whole new economic industry in New Mexico. Legalization will create more than 11,000 newjobs, bring in over $300 million in annual sales, and generate an estimated $50 million in state revenue.
Governor Lujan Grisham delivered for New Mexico by supporting small businesses, creating thousands of jobs, and spurring the investment of billions of dollars in New Mexico’s economy. She kept her foot on the gas during the pandemic, putting New Mexico in one of the best positions for economic growth in the country.
Governor Lujan Grisham has delivered for New Mexico’s families-putting money directly in their pockets and addressing the issues they care about most.
- Governor Lujan Grisham cut taxes for New Mexico’s middle class in one of the most comprehensive tax overhauls in the country, putting money in the pockets of more than 550,000 New Mexican families.
- Under the Lujan Grisham administration, New Mexico raised the minimum wage for the first time in a decade. Governor Lujan Grisham is committed to giving all New Mexicans the chance to make a living wage, where they can support themselves and their families.
- Governor Lujan Grisham passed the Healthy Workplaces Act, requiring paid sick leave for all New Mexico workers. The paid sick leave mandate increases worker protections, promotes public health, and ensures no New Mexicans are forced to choose between their health and their livelihood.
- New Mexico is now leading the nation in providing free higher education, thanks to legislation spearheaded by Governor Lujan Grisham. With the New Mexico Opportunity Scholarship and the New Mexico Legislative Lottery Scholarship, over 60,000 students are pursuing a college degree.
- Governor Lujan Grisham promised to deliver on affordable child care-and now New Mexico gives the most funding to child care of any state in the country. The governor created the Early Childhood Education and Care Department and passed the
$300 million Early Childhood Trust Fund to ensure every New Mexico family has access to affordable child care.
- As a caregiver herself, Governor Lujan Grisham personally knows the importance of providing for New Mexico’s seniors. That’s why she signed legislation to invest millions to improve and deliver high quality services for New Mexico’s seniors and create automatic low-cost retirement savings options.
Governor Lujan Grisham knows that at the end of the day, the most important aspect of her job is making sure New Mexican families have what they need to thrive. She will always listen to New Mexico’s families and deliver on the issues that matter most to them-from tax cuts to workers rights to senior services to affordable education and child care.
Clean Energy & Environment
Governor Lujan Grisham’s decisive action to protect New Mexico ‘s land, air, and water has made the state a national leader on climate change.
- One of Governor Lujan Grisham’s first acts in office was creating the New Mexico Climate Change Task Force. With the same legislation, New Mexico joined the U.S. Climate Alliance and adopted the goals of the Paris Climate Accord.
- Governor Lujan Grisham signed the “30 x 3 0 ” executive order which will work to conserve 30% of all land in New Mexico by 2030. The “30 x 30” goal will protect New Mexico’s natural resources, increase access for outdoor recreation, and build our climate change resilience.
- Working together with climate activists, legislators, and clean energy stakeholders, Governor Lujan Grisham signed the Energy Transition Act which will transition New Mexico ‘s energy portfolio to 50% renewable energy by 2030 and80% by 2040. The transition will protect the environment while lowering costs for ratepayers and creating jobs in the renewable energy industry.
- Governor Lujan Grisham went after polluters by adopting stringent methane reduction rules, which eliminated clean venting and flaring and committed New Mexico to capturing 98% of all natural gas waste by the end of 2026.
- The Lujan Grisham administration has prioritized all types of clean industry, especially wind and solar. Since Governor Lujan Grisham took office, New Mexico has more than doubled its wind energy capacity and is now in the top ten states for generating electricity from wind energy. Governor Lujan Grisham also authorized community solar projects-making solar savings more achievable, equitable, and just.
Governor Lujan Grisham knows that climate change is the most pressing issue of our generation. She will continue to take bold action to address climate change, create clean energy jobs, and protect the Land of Enchantment’s critical natural resources.
Governor Lujan Grisham has demonstrated fearless and diligent leadership throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, saving New Mexican lives and protecting New Mexico’s economy.
- Governor Lujan Grisham led one of the most aggressive and effective COVID-19 responses in the country, defying New Mexico’s odds and leading to lower case numbers and fewer deaths than neighboring states like Arizona and Texas.
- At the beginning of the pandemic, New Mexico began a widespread COVID-19 testing program to limit the spread of the virus, while other states had limited test availability and result delays. Governor Lujan Grisham has consistently acted swiftly, mobilizing New Mexico’s response to COVID-19 more effectively than many other states.
- With Governor Lujan Grisham ‘s leadership, New Mexico established the first statewide vaccine registration system in the country ensuring vaccines were delivered to New Mexicans where they are.
- New Mexico has achieved a 70% vaccination rate, the highest state vaccination rate in the West and the fifth highest vaccination rate in the country. Governor Lujan Grisham worked with businesses, hospitals, and schools in order to get New Mexicans vaccinated.
- During the pandemic, Governor Lujan Grisham’s administration helped New Mexican families when they needed it most. New Mexico created a $600 personal income tax rebate for hundreds of thousands of frontline workers and a $1,200 one-time payment program for unemployed New Mexicans.
- Governor Lujan Grisham stepped up for New Mexico’s small businesses during the pandemic by delivering $400 million in low-interest loans and $200 million in grants. Governor Lujan Grisham championed legislation that provided tax relief to businesses by waiving interest and penalties on late payments.
By prioritizing science during the COVID-19 pandemic and handling the Delta variant effectively, Governor Lujan Grisham and her administration have saved lives and protected New Mexico’s booming economy.
Comprehensive Health Care
Governor Lujan Grisham has taken steps to make affordable, high-quality, and comprehensive health care available to every New Mexican.
- Governor Lujan Grisham established the Health Care Affordability Fund, a new source of funding for health care reform which reduces the cost of health insurance and medical expenses for working families. Tens of thousands of New Mexicans will no longer have to choose between seeing a doctor and putting food on the table.
- Governor Lujan Grisham also invested $60 million in increasing Medicaid reimbursement rates, strengthening partnerships with healthcare providers who treat patients covered by Medicaid. This investment will help hospitals, doctors, and dentists provide better care to the most vulnerable New Mexicans.
- The Lujan Grisham administration passed legislation to allow New Mexico to import lower-cost prescription drugs from Canada, one of the first states in the country to do so. The health care measure will get New Mexicans the medicine they need at a cost they can afford.
- Under Governor Lujan Grisham’s leadership, New Mexico became the third state to cap monthly insulin copayments – lowering health care costs for more than 230,000 New Mexicans living with diabetes.
- Governor Lujan Grisham made history by repealing New Mexico’s outdated criminal abortion statue-protecting New Mexicans access to abortion and ensuring women and their families have the right to make their own choices about pregnancy and reproductive health.
- Governor Lujan Grisham took decisive action to rebuild the state’s behavioral health system after it was destroyed by the previous administration. In addition to working with providers to establish new services, she eliminated copays for behavioral health services, making sure behavioral health is affordable and accessible to all New Mexicans.
Governor Lujan Grisham believes every New Mexican has the right to comprehensive health care. She will continue to address lasting issues in New Mexico’s healthcare system in order to make accessible and affordable health care a reality for all.
You must be logged in to post a comment.